Sunday, September 28, 2008

It Takes Two To Tango



I am a good dancer. I started taking dance lessons when I was about 6 and continued taking them until I was in high school. I took ballet, tap, jazz, and modern dance. In high school, I was on a dance team modeled after the Kilgore Rangerettes. They do high kick line routines. I loved it. Interestingly enough, I don't really enjoy dancing shows. I've never been a fan of the shows, "So You Think You Can Dance" or "Dancing With The Stars." I don't know why, they just don't appeal to me.

I haven't done any formal dancing since my dance team days, but like most college students, I did my share of going out and dancing. I really enjoyed this, mostly because I just danced with my friends. No guy ever asked me to dance...really. It must have been the vibe that I wasn't putting out. Anyway, I'm not sad that no one asked me.

After college, I did go out with some friends every now and then and went dancing. Like my college days, no one asked me to dance and I was totally okay with that. So as you can see, my dancing abilities are limited to performance dancing and shaking my groove thing with my friends. I've never had lessons on how to do couples dancing.

My husband doesn't really like to dance. We did dance at our wedding. But since he and I never dated and we're not drinkers, we've never really danced. I'd really like to, but haven't. There are two types of dancing that I'd like to learn: the tango and two-stepping. All that keeps coming to my mind are the tango scenes from "The Scent of A Woman" and "True Lies.' As for two-stepping, there's quite a bit of that in the movie "Hope Floats." It just looks fun.

Well, I should scoot out and finish the work that I have so diligently put off for most of the weekend. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful work week!

No comments: