I love this picture. That's me on the left. The girl on the right was a friend I met in college named Jenny Lee. I'm feeling a little low, so I think I'll make this post dedicated to me. Since I crave your acceptance, if you would leave a comment, I'd be so appreciative!
Little known facts about Tassie:
1) I feel this incredibly strong need to post on my blog everyday. I spend more time than I care to discuss thinking of ideas to write about.
2) I check my email frequently to see if anyone has left a comment. I feel real special when someone takes the time to leave a comment...hint, hint :-)
3) My best physical feature is my feet. My toes are cute and none of them stick out looking weird. My big toe is the largest and the rest get gradually smaller in even increments.
4) I believe in Bigfoot but not the Loch Ness monster or aliens from space.
5) I am allergic to cockroach dander. (This was found during an extensive allergy test done by my doctor. Who knew that roaches had dander?)
6) I could not swim to save my life. This is sad since I lived on a tropical island for most of my life and was 2 blocks from the beach.
7) I get seasick easily. Once, I got sick while riding on the Staten Island Ferry. I threw up everywhere.
8) Twice I have chaperoned a group of students that were performing in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and both times I went back to my hotel to watch the parade from there.
9) Some day I hope to visit Paris, France and several places in Italy.
10) I could eat at Taco Bell everyday for the rest of my life.
11) When I was 9 years old I was contracted Cat Scratch Fever. (This is a real disease not just a song by Ted Nuggent.) I had to go to Miami Children's Hospital because no one knew what it was. I was quarantined until a diagnosis was made. I have a large scar on my neck where my fist sized lymph node was removed.
12) That same year, I was also in a car accident while riding my bike. I was hurt pretty badly and to this day am leery of riding a bike.
13) I hate hate hate to wash dishes.
14) I have been a victim of identity theft. Not fun.
15) A favorite snack of mine is Fritos and buttermilk. Really- I'm serious.
16) When I was little, I would wrap my neck in the bedsheets while I slept because I thought a vampire might bite me on the neck while I was sleeping.
17) I had a very bad recurring nightmare for many years when I was younger. I can no longer remember that dream.
18) I wake up every night at 3:00 A.M.
19) I get addicted to watching footage of tragedies. I watched continue footage of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina. I couldn't tear myself away. When Hurricane Gustav threatened to hit New Orleans, I watched the Weather Channel all weekend.
20) I hate when people write on their hands.
21) Loose teeth give me the willies.
22) I am a good dancer. I took tap, ballet, and jazz dance lessons all through childhood. In high school I was on a dance drill team.
23) I love to drink fancy coffee that I can't spell the name of and costs way too much.
24) I have been to 49 out of 50 states. I won't go to Alaska because I hate the outdoors.
25) I am distantly related to Abraham Lincoln.
26) I do not iron clothes. I'm not good at it and I don't see the point. That's why they make Febreeze Wrinkle Releaser.
27) I dress up in some type of costume or "get up" each Friday at work. It's how I celebrate the end of the week.
28) As a kid, I loved cafeteria food. Now that I'm a teacher, I find that I still love it.
29) I think there would be no wars if everyone woke up and listened to "Dancing Queen" by ABBA.
30) On my second wedding anniversary, I made David go to a Barry Manilow concert with me. I have a great husband.
31) My favorite candy is Reese Peanut Butter Cups.
32) I have no spatial sense and often get lost.
33) I want to visit an active volcano one day. From a safe distance.
34) There is only one flavor of Crystal Light that I like: Classic Orange.
35) Pears are my favorite fruit.
36) I enjoy watching time period movies. I just watched "Mrs. Brown" about Queen Victoria from the 19th century and liked it.
37) I get upset when I watch movies on DVD and I can't have English subtitles. Once you start watching movies with subtitles, you'll never go back.
38) I never met a cheese I didn't like.
39) I have a college degree and can't set the timer on the DVD/VCR player.
40) I couldn't accurately tell time (with 100% mastery) on an analog clock until I was 12 years old.
41) I love the smell of brand new plastic shower curtains when they come out of the package.
42) I've had the same email address for over 13 years.
44) I've never waited tables before and think I would be terrible at it.
45) When I write with a wooden pencil, I have to sharpen it like 20 times. I have to have the point be very sharp.
Well, that's all for now. Please feel free to leave comments with any other interesting Tassie facts you may have. Have a great Friday!