Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An update of sorts...AKA I can't think of a good post title

I'm totally brain dead. The stress is mounting and I'm tired. Very tired. My job is like a big snowball going down a hill in a cartoon. There's no way to stop it, even if you need to get caught up on something. But I digress.....

So some updates-


1) Mom's mac and cheese last night was great. The recipe was called "Trashy Mac and Cheese." It has 3 kinds of cheese and dijon mustard. It sounds weird but it was really good. She also made cherry cheesecake and it was pretty good too. My mom is the best cook ever.


2) My "new" tv is working well. There is one weird thing though....for no reason, the channel will change in the middle of a show. No one is touching the remote. I have not figured this one out. Since the tv was free, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.


3) I still hate Wal-Mart but don't seem to be able to break the cycle of addiction. I went there today after work and still forgot some stuff I needed for school. I'm not going back. It will have to wait until I have more time and money.


4) David is still working on the carport. It has been raining really hard here and he's used untreated wood so he bought this really big tarp to cover it with. (Side note-this carport is really big......) So he put up the tarp (I totally helped) and overnight, it filled with rain. The tarp lifted the concrete blocks it was tied to. So now we have some real nice holes in the tarp. Great. On a positive note, when I come down my road, it appears there is a large, big top circus in my backyard. Any minute I'm sure clowns will come out of a small car and run around my yard.


5) I need a hearing aid. I lost a lot of my hearing this summer due to a viral infection. Now I have continual ringing (like crickets 24/7 but without the lovely atmosphere) and I keep saying, "Huh? I can't hear you. Can you repeat that please?" As much as you might think that not hearing someone would be great, it isn't. It seems most of my students speak with the tone or frequency or whatever that I'm not able to hear. This can be tricky if you don't read lips. That's a skill I'm working on. In the meantime, just know that I can't hear you.


6) It's hot and I'm sweating. I get up at the crack of dawn and do more work before I go to my job than some people do all day. All this running around makes me hot. Since I'm not allowed to wear my sloppy shirts and shorts to work, I must wear nice clothes and be hot all day.


7) I start my graduate class next week. Like I didn't have enough to worry about. It makes for a very long day when you don't get home until 8 and you've still got your own schoolwork to do. Anyone who says that teaching is easy, obviously never was a teacher. I make it look easy because I'm good at what I do, not because what I do is easy.


8) I still have STUPID DIAL UP. I haven't said this in awhile and wanted to vent my feelings in case any of you have an "in" with AT&T and can help me get high speed internet in my area. It's so slow that I'm not able to check my college email account or my work email account from home. This isn't too bad until I miss the critical email that I need to act on. Like pay for your classes or you can't take any classes.


9) I'm not watching the Olympics. It doesn't matter to me how many medals we get. I don't like any sports except gymnastics and ice skating. I realize these are both Olympic sports (and yes I know they aren't both in the same Olympics-one's in the summer and the other is in the winter) but I can't watch it because I have so much to do with my job. I can't even get a little interested because I can't watch it like I want.


10) I'm so ready for The Office to come back on tv. I need a really good laugh, and I need it soon.


Okay, enough griping......if you have a good idea for a post, please let me know. I'm needing all the help I can get these days.

1 comment:

Mrs. McMillen said...

I love the olympics. I pretty obsessed.