Here is a partial list of things that I detest:
1) Washing dishes-I have a dishwasher but it's one of those that has wheels and you move it over to the sink and hook it up to the faucet. When I use it, I "forget" to unload the dishwasher. I don't mind messing up the dishes by eating, but I really don't like washing dishes.
2)Sweating-There is no way to look good and sweat. I've tried to take up running as a hobby, but I think the whole endorphin thing is a myth. Couple that with the intense amount of sweating that happens, and you can see why I hate it. I run because I want to lose weight. I hate sweating and keep deodorant in various places (home, purse, classroom) in the off chance I need it. I'm hot natured and live in the deep south-cut me some slack.
3) Snakes-There is no such thing as a "good" snake. I don't mind looking at them as long as there is a thick piece of glass between us. In my neck of the woods, coming into contact with snakes happens often. I shriek like a little girl when I see one.
4) Brussel Sprouts-These things taste horrible and smell even worse. I have tried them before and have never developed a tolerance for them.
5) Pokemon-I've collected more of these trading cards as contraband from students than I can count. I've seen little bits of the cartoon on tv and I'm still not impressed.
6) Flipping Eyelids Inside Out-This is gross. I've seen many a kid do this in hopes of getting a reaction out of me. I never leave them disappointed.
7) Used Band-Aids On The Ground-I know I'm not alone on this one! So gross I can't even begin to discuss it.
8) Yard Work Of Any Kind-When I was a kid I used to use my allergies as an excuse to not do yard work. It didn't work then. About 2 years ago I had extensive allergy testing done. I did not have a reaction to any of the outside elements they tested me for. There goes a perfect excuse.
9) Polictians And Politics In General-Honestly, some of this is due to the fact that I don't understand it all. The other reason is because I think that most politicians are dishonest. If you want to bore me to tears, turn C-Span on the television.
10) No Cable/Non-Working TV-The older I get, the more I love my television. I hate when some or all of the channels go out. I will sit and stare at the TV and beg it to fix itself.
11) Western Movies-They all look the same. Perhaps this is because the scenery never changes. The basic premise of all these westerns is the same. I've never seen a western I've liked.
12) Christmas Music And Christmas In General That Is Out Of Season-This is a weird one because during the Christmas season (for me that starts at Halloween) I listen exclusively to Christmas music and watch every Christmas movie I have several times.
13) Sports-I've not found any sport (with the exception of gymnastics and figure skating) that I fully understand and enjoy. The Good Lord blessed me with a husband who also is not interested in sports so we don't watch any games on TV.
14) Those Orange Circus Peanuts-What is this? Candy? Marshmallows? They taste horrible. Who invented these things and why are they called Circus Peanuts?
15) Swimming In Any Body Of Water That Isn't A Pool- I enjoy looking at the ocean. I don't like anything that lives in it. I've seen too many Shark Week shows. Swimming in anything other than a pool is like Russian Roulette. You can't see what's at the bottom and if you did, you'd be scared.
16) Rats/Mice-This is a weird one because I have a guinea pig as a classroom pet. I think mice in pet stores are very cute. I like gerbils and hampsters. However, if I see a mouse running around I will shriek like a little girl. When I lived in Key West, we had rats the size of chihuahuas that would crawl on the electric lines at night. They were enormous!
17) Not Taking A Shower- There have been a few times in my life when the pipes at the place I was staying froze and burst. Not having water is a bad thing. Outside of not being able to flush toliets and wash hands, I don't like how I feel when I haven't showered and washed my hair. If it ever happens to me again, I'm sure you won't enjoy this one either-especially if we bump into each other.
18) Paper Cuts- I get these all the time and they hurt! It takes awhile to even know exactly where they are....you feel the pain but there's no trail of blood to follow.
19) Vomit- I'm a mother so I've gotten better at this one. Before Raelynn, if I saw someone vomit (this happens a lot when you teach) I would vomit with them in sympathy.
20) Dial-Up- This one is the thorn in my side. I live in the country and apparently there's no way to get high speed internet at my house. It makes my online travels difficult. Have you ever tried to watch a YouTube video with Dial Up? I don't suggest it.
There are lots of other things that bug me....notice that I didn't mention anything about people...that would be a post a mile long.
That's a post for another day.
Molly's Last Day as a 15 Year Old
7 hours ago