Thursday, January 8, 2009

What do pajamas, Santa's helper, and Lady Liberty have in common? ME!

As long as the comments (mostly positive) keep coming, I'll add more costume pictures to my blog. This post is a continuation of my previous one. I was looking through some old photos and found some of me while I was teaching in Florida. I chose the ones where I'm dressed up to post because some people keep asking for proof of my sparkling persona's on Fridays...I aim to please so here goes.....






Every year my old school, Sugarloaf Elementary, celebrates Dr. Seuss Day on March 2nd. Each class picks a book and dresses up and make props to carry at a parade we have at school. We also rotated to different stations to make crafts and listen to Dr. Seuss books being read. In this picture, I am modeling the latest fashions for the book I Am Not Getting Up Today by Dr. Seuss. My kids loved coming to school in their pajamas. (I enjoyed it too.) I've always said that my job performance would dramatically improve if I could wear my pajamas and slippers to work. No one seems to think this is a good idea because it hasn't caught on yet. The kid waving in the back is named Dominic and he's now in college. Perhaps I should post this to facebook and tag him...hmmmmmm.







This is one of many Christmas costumes that I wore to school. The student I'm standing with is named Heather and she's currently in college. I should post and tag this picture on facebook too. Heather's mom eventually made me red collar with bells on it to go with this outfit. I wear it each year. Take note of Heather's shoes. I made those. Several girls that year brought me shoes and asked if I could make them elf shoes. I made some for myself too but this was taken at the end of the day and my feet hurt so I took them off. Just so you know, most of my students dressed up like elves too. You may not be able to tell, but behind me are Christmas lights hanging from the ceiling. I eventually got in trouble for all these lights (I think I had about 6 strands looped from the ceiling) and had to take them down. Now that I'm at a new school in a new state, I put my lights back up. There are about 7 strands of Christmas lights in my room year round. They look tacky but I love them.




This is a picture of me dressed as the Statue of Liberty. I had worn this to school and liked it so much that I wore it to a faculty Halloween party. I got the hat while on a trip to New York. My torch is really a flashlight because I was too lazy to make a realistic looking one. I still use this sheet in my classroom. I use it to cover my computers at night.

I found some other pictures and will scan them this weekend when I have some time....it's been a long day and The Office was a rerun tonight....funny but disappointing. I think I'll go be sad a little while I consider what to wear tomorrow. Any suggestions you may have are always welcome....








4 comments:

Alice said...

that's so funny! keep saving the world from the evil doers ^_^ from another dr. pepper fan

Mrs. McMillen said...

saw what you wrote on LT's blog....


I'm SOOOO not reading it....

Anonymous said...

This is so great! You are an inspiration to us all!

Anonymous said...

were those red tights left over from your days as a conchette?