Tuesday, January 6, 2009

By Popular Demand

So I was looking through some old photos yesterday and found some I had packed away from teaching in Florida. Sadly, I haven't taken as many pictures as I should have on my "Dress Up Fridays." Because some people **cough cough--you know who you are** constantly remind me of how I need to post them, I thought I'd try to oblige. I figured out how to scan some pictures without tearing my hair out. So I'll post some here and add to them.





This first picture was during my first year of teaching. I know, I know....I don't age, right? The social studies curriculum in third grade in Florida consists of studying ancient cultures. After we learned about the Greeks, we had a toga day. I let students decide if they wanted a traditional toga or if they wanted to put a "spin" on it. I chose to spin mine as you can tell.


I love this picture. The principal at my school had a school-wide theme each year for Open House in the fall. The theme for this school year was a western theme. Most people just put up a bulletin board, but I couldn't just leave it at that. I have to go over the top.

This was taken during our feast after studying the Egyptians in social studies. We had several centers we had the kids go through. We had authentic food, games, and crafts. We did this grade-wide so it was a lot of work.


This picture was taken before a "Hippie Party." I know that I wore this same outfit to school as a costume, but I didn't take a picture of it. The other girl in the picture is my friend Julie. We had lots of fun at this party.

I have other pictures but in the interest of not making my computer explode from overheating with all my scanning, so I'll add those another time. Please feel free to comment, but if you don't like my costumes....please lie to me!


5 comments:

Mrs. McMillen said...

you havent changed a bit... :)

Crystal said...

All I can say is Oh.My.Goodness. I would expect this coming from you :-) Kudos to you for being such a fun teacher! Oh, and I love the Hippie look, that's how I look on a regular day, seriously I have like 6 tie-dye tshirts!

Anonymous said...

The themed Open Houses have gone by the wayside, now we get t-shirts. So does the Sally R soon after. Were you in a trailer the Western year? I ask that because of the lovely paneling in the background...

LT (and Max) said...

AHHH!!! i love it. keep posting pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tassie! I love all of it! You have to get more posted!I hope everyone around you appreciates you for ALL that you do to make the difference in the lives of children!You are so much fun and you are making learning fun!