Friday, July 18, 2008

These are some cool people.

Ashley, Me, Lori, Carrie


So, I must start off by saying that I have STUPID DIAL-UP, so again, please be patient with me as I learn more about how to get stuff moved around on this blog. If my saying that I have STUPID DIAL-UP bothers you, please contact AT&T and plead my case for high speed internet service. They've already heard from me but apparently they didn't believe me.



I had a good time last night. Earlier this summer, my friends Ashley, Carrie, Lori, and I went to Jackson for a day later deemed "The Liberation of Tassie." We did manage to get some school shopping done, plow through Target, and get clear on the serving of salad at the local Olive Garden. Several trips to other stores were in order, and I was introduced to concept of layering. These girls swear to me that I won't get hot if I layer these shirts that I got. We'll see. I do trust them (but now that I think about it...maybe I shouldn't!)




We had a great time, in spite of the grilled chicken wrap from Dairy Queen, and decided to meet up again. I love Mexican food, so we sampled local fare from a place in town. Food was okay, company was great! Other than bothering some poor soul to take a picture, I don't think we bothered anyone too much.



This on top of my already fun week of socializing. I hung out with Jessica on Monday house hunting and providing moral support while her husband is away, Tuesday I had lunch with my Bunko friends from school, Wednesday Mom had us and Jessica over for a fabulous dinner, Thursday I had dinner with my awesome friends, and tonight, Friday, I am going to see Mamma Mia with my friend Kathy. I think I'll take it easy this weekend since I will be dodging some staff members at work as I get chased out of the hallway. I'm sure I'll need the energy to think of creative ways to get around them so I can get some work done!



Today has been interesting. Raelynn and I had a tea party this morning, followed by a mini-reunion (sorry Lori was at a conference!) at work as I poured over countless cards, searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack. An hour or two in my room, sprinkled with conversation from my wonderful next door neighbor, and then lunch with my husband and daughter. Chinese...and yes, Ashley, I did drink the water!!!



Anywho....I'm smiling. My routine is starting to fall into place. I just need to get busy and get some work done. I'm hoping to get by with a little help from my friends.

No comments: