Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Life Was Destined to Become a Musical.

So, today is Saturday. (See earlier post about how this is true for me everyday in June and July.) The day is open with possibilities. Something that I enjoy doing during the summer months is dabble a little in cooking. I made one of my favorite breakfasts this morning, Eggs Benedict. It was my own version, because I do not know how to poach an egg. So, I fried mine instead. I even used eggs from my own chickens. Yes, dear reader, you are reading correctly, I have chickens. My brilliant husband built a mobile chicken coop, and our little hens produce little, bitty eggs. Anyway, I enjoyed my breakfast.

I spent a large amount of time over the past couple of days cleaning and organizing the house. This is something I also like to do during the summer, when I have time and I don't feel so stressed. Too bad my family has to be hungry and live in a chaotic house the majority of the year. One of my goals this year is to do a good job at work, and balance it more with a life at home. But that's another post for another time.


Last night I went to the movies with my friend Kathy. We saw Mamma Mia. I really enjoyed this movie. If you don't like musicals, don't see this. I like musicals, Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, and ABBA so this this was a no brainer for me. I had a wonderful time sitting in the theater packed mostly with women, and belting out each song with everyone else. Watching this movie made me wish that I could just break out into random song and dance during everyday moments in my life. I can see myself at Lowe's with David, walking down the lumber aisles, and then busting into a song about the joys of nails, hammers, and other tools that are necessary in building projects. Of course, the other shoppers would join me in my song, and we would use the large and roomy aisles at Lowe's to do our large and showy dance number. I would go to Lowe's lots more if I knew that would happen. As it is, I enjoy going to Lowe's every now and then with David because he pushes me around in the cart.


So I don't know what I'll do today. Perhaps I'll go to town and look for school clothes for Raelynn. Maybe I'll stay home and work on laundry. (I like doing laundry, I just don't like hanging or folding the clothes. This means there are lots of baskets of clothes that pile up for me!-That's another post for later.) I'm trying to stay busy and not concentrate on my ear. For those of you who haven't read my earlier posts, I've lost significant hearing lately and there's a slight possibility that I could have a tumor in my head. We'll find out Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm having fun and trying to stay busy.


I have to say that last night when "Dancing Queen" came on during the movie, I think that for a little while anyway, that'll be my theme song. The entire theater broke into song and everyone was smiling. If you haven't listened to ABBA much, I suggest you do. They have lots of songs that fit every mood, as evidence by the fact that the music was turned into a Broadway play, now a movie. And Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan do their own singing in this movie. But I digress. I think that today, regardless of where I am, I will be the star in my own personal musical. Certainly it would make the day brighter.






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post Pictures of the "mobile chicken coop"

Sean from BPK

Anonymous said...

Tassie, you've been a "Dancing Queen" ever since your days as a Conchette; this is nuthin' new.