Monday, November 3, 2008

The Twilight Books-AKA Why I Won't Be Blogging As Much


Hello my faithful friends, fans, and those of you who happened to stumble upon my blog and are now wondering, "What the heck??" I'm back posting today, but I can't say for sure when I'll be posting again. You see, I'm currently going through some major obsessions right now. If you've been reading this blog or known me longer than 5 minutes, you're not surprised to hear that. You also know that my childlike enthusiasm is fodder for everyone's amusement. I must say here that I consider it "childlike" and I'll ask that you humor and just go with it. (I notice that some of you out there laugh at me and think I'm just a goober--but again, humor me please!)
So I've written about this before but I must state again that I'm currently reading a wonderful series, the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer. I love to read-I've stated that before. Since I've become an adult with a child that follows me around and wants mundane things like food and attention, I've not be able to read as much as I'd like.
There are exceptions. I do read what I'm about to ask my students to read. This is a good thing, since there are times that things may not be appropriate to read to students and you want to find that out before you actually read it and a parent becomes irrate. Another exception is the Harry Potter series. I started reading them last fall after hearing several teacher friends talk about how great they were. Also, I happened to catch a Harry Potter marathon on TBS one weekend. The rest is history. I spent all of Christmas break that year, reading. Literally. I was hold up in the corner at my parents' house on Christmas Day, reading a book instead of visiting and being social. After that series was done, I went into a book depression.
That is until I started this series.
I've blogged about them before, but I'm putting it out there now in case you like reading my blog and you don't hear from me in awhile. These books are fabulous. The movie based on the first book comes out around Thanksgiving. I can't wait. I read the first two books pretty quickly. They are both out in paperback, so I didn't feel guilty buying them. The third and fourth books are still in hardback and I don't like to pay for expensive books if I can wait awhile and read them in paperback. Or at least, that's what I used to think. After I finished the second book, I ran off to Wal-Mart (the axis of evil) with the plan to purchase the third and fourth book. The only problem is that they didn't have the fourth book!!!! Being the cheapy that I am, I drove to the next town over (about 24 miles) to go to the next nearest Wal-Mart to get it. Yes, we do have a book store or two in my town, but they can be so expensive. Why not take any excuse to go on a retail therapy road trip?
I'm happy to report that I did find the fourth book and now I have all of them. I started reading the third book last night and plan to read some more tonight, after I grade some papers, cook some dinner, and do homework with my daughter. If I could only get that auto-pilot option on those things, I'd have it made. As a bonus to my shopping trip, I went to a book store in the mall during my shopping trip. This was mainly for my daughter because she loves books as much as I do. While there, I also found the official Twilight Movie Companion book that goes behind the scenes of the movie and tells you how it was made and stuff. I can't wait to read that one too.
I say all this so that you'll understand if I don't post as regularly in the next couple of weeks. I'm telling you...these books are great. So great that I don't even care that when I'm done reading them, I'll fall right back into my book depression until I can find a new series to obsess about.



No comments: