My Thanksgiving Break To Do List:
1) Sleep late. By that I mean, of course, 6 AM. My daughter knows when there is no school so she wakes up extra early to take advantage of all her "free" time. She's seven. When you're seven, all your time is "free." Apparently, she doesn't realize this yet.
2) Return my Netflix movie to the post office. This is the 4th DVD of the TV show, "Freaks and Geeks." It's really a good show. I take my mail to the post office because one-If I leave in my mailbox with the little flag up, it can take up to 3 more days for my mail to be received and two, I live across from some "questionable" neighbors. I wouldn't put it past them to root around in people's mailboxes.
3) Go see Twilight and eat Mexican food with some friends. I've already seen this movie once and I'm excited to see it again. My previous post is my movie review. (You didn't think this post would be without a Twilight reference, did you?)
4) Grade papers. I tend to do lots of this during breaks from school. There is just no way I can get them done at school with all the other stuff I have to do. I'll spend a couple of hours there a day until I can get some things at school in order.
5) Lesson plans. This is another thing I spend lots of time doing. The teacher across the hall from me is planned up to like February. I just can't do that. Things change from day to day and I like to leave my options open. Also, when you're that anal, things really bother you and you're unhappy all the time.
6) Call in a couple of prescriptions to the evil Wal-Mart. I keep forgetting to do this.
7) Go to my mom's and dad's house each day this week to feed their cat and dogs. All of them (the pets, not my parents) are annoying. However, it's the least I can do given how much my parents do for me.
8) Open a book or two and study for my next project for my graduate class.
9) Watch TV-lots of TV. I almost can't grade papers or write lesson plans without it on in the background. Right now, Superman, is on. Lois Lane has just found out that Clark's identity is really Superman. Christopher Reeves was really cute. Too bad he died. Margot Kidder...well, that's a different story.
10) Put up the Christmas tree. I ususally do this during Thanksgiving because it's the only time I have to do it.
11) Put up my clean clothes. I have a couple of baskets of clothes sitting in my room, waiting to be hung up. I keep waiting for them to do it themselves, but so far, no luck.
12) Clean out and organize my purse. I always feel so much better when I know what's in my purse and where to find it.
13) Cook Thanksgiving dinner. My mom is the best cook in the world and she usually does this. My contribution is deviled eggs (my recipe is the best-ask anyone who's had them) and helping Mom out in the kitchen. My parents are in New Orleans for Thanksgiving so I'm having to do it myself. Fun.
14) Finish reading Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series. I've had this book for a couple of weeks but haven't read it because I'm savoring the anticipation. I'm sure I'll be majorly depressed when I'm done reading the books.
15) Clean up my house before I put up the tree or cook Thanksgiving dinner.
16) Check Facebook, my email, and this blog several times a day to see if anyone's left me a message. Let's be honest, I don't write for me...I write for you. I already know what I think about me and what I write. The important thing is, what do you think of me and my writing?
17) Sit on my couch, lay on my bed...basically be lazy...which sort of trumps out all of the other things on my list.... It's nice to have the freedom and time to be able to be lazy.
I'm sure there are other things that I should add to this list, but I'm too tired to think of them. Maybe it's not tired---maybe I'm getting a head start to being lazy.
If it’s whatever day this is I must be sick.
38 minutes ago