Okay, I rock. Maybe you didn't know this about me. Maybe you already knew this about me and are wondering why I'm just now catching on. Either way, it still boils down to--I rock.
This was my first Thanksgiving dinner to cook for my family, including my in-laws. Everything worked out great and no one got sick from food poisoning. This is a good thing. One of my fears, other than rampant diarrhea and vomiting from my food, was being able to get everything done at the same time. Well, the end story here is that the food was fab-o and everyone loved it. That's a load off my mind.
'Tis the season for thanks...many of you have listed things you are thankful for and in the spirit of continuing this practice, I will add my list to the many floating around in cyberspace. There are in no particular order.
1) My husband, daughter, parents, and family...this isn't really original, but it's so true. Without them, I'd be a star with no fan club.
2) Running water and electricity--The few times I've been without one or both of these have made living very difficult. I like to wash my hands, flush the toilet, have ice in the maker, wash clothes, and take a bath. Those things are hard to do without water and some electricity. We take this for granted people! If you don't believe me, try going without either one for an extended amount of time.
3) My home-I do spend some time harping on my house and the perpetual state of improvements that it goes through. It's then that I think about all those people out there that don't have any house at all. It puts things into perspective.
4) My job-I enjoy what I do and have more fun that I should. I get weekends off, two months in the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas, one week in the spring and another in the fall.....my husband and daughter have the same days off that I do. Many unhappy people have no jobs or hate the one they have. That's no way to live.
5) My friends-I have lots of great friends and am always looking to add to my list of people that I enjoy. If you aren't my friend but want to be, let me know. If you know me in person but don't hang out with me on a regular basis, you don't know what you are missing.
6) Good books/TV shows/movies- I like to be entertained. Without these three, I'd have a hard time making it.
7) Good food-It's a great thing to be a little overweight. There are lots of people in this world that have no food at all. I don't want to list any particular food I really like because I don't want the other foods to get jealous.
8) Glitter- This is one accessory that I must have. It not only adds sparkle (literally) to me, it announces my personality before you actually get to know me.
9) Blogging-I love to blog and love to read your comments as well. My writing teacher told me that we all write for an audience, even if it's for ourselves. There's great motivation to write if you think someone is going to read it.
10) Facebook- This is a wonderful thing. I'm able to stay connected to people that I know from lots of different places. Who has time to write a real letter anymore?
Okay, so this is a partial list. I'm sure with much thought, I can come up with more. Right now I'm in the middle of a turkey coma, so I'm going to walk it off and think of you, reading my blog. Thank you for taking the time.