Sunday, April 5, 2009

This Post Was Supposed To Be About Something Else....

This picture has nothing to do with today's post...I just thought it was funny. So it's Sunday and of course I have tons of things I should be doing. I may get around to some of them because I feel like my mind is needing some organization to make things more clear. I really can't explain it, but I can't sit down to write decent lesson plans unless I clean and organize the room I'm writing them in. This may sound incredibly OCD, but I think that I suffered from that at one time and am now in full recovery. I like to think I'm organized, but sadly, I lack in this department. Perhaps if I just claim it...I can own it. It will sound the same.


I also have trouble with continual follow-through. For example, I know I should moisturize. I've got the ashy skin to prove it. I really try to do that on a regular basis and I do well for awhile but I eventually fall back into my unmoisturizing ways. There's a part of me that thinks that's incredibly decent of me....like maybe I'm not as vain and as self-centered as I know I am. I think what holds me back from doing all the things I should is the fact that I tend to have way too much on my plate all the time. A few friends have told me that there's never been a time when they didn't see me buried up to my neck in some type of stressful and self-imposed situation. Please remind me of this the next time you read a post where I'm talking about undertaking some huge project.


It would seem like I could talk myself of doing all the things I should be doing by simply stating that I'm not picking up any more stressful situations. But let's be real....if you know me, you know that I live on stress. It would be hard to untangle the core of my being with the stress, but it's something I'd like to try. Outside of living in a hut on a beach somewhere, I'm not sure where to begin. I don't like sand all over me, and I've never been a big fan of clothing made from coconuts. Any suggestions????

1 comment:

Mrs. McMillen said...

i could live on a beach somewhere and be perfectly happy.