Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Sad Excuse For A Post--But You'll Read It Anyway, Won't You?

Hi there..thanks for stopping by. I'm having a hard time finding a specific subject to discuss this evening so I think I'll fall back on my usual....rambling on about things that have no rhyme or reason to them....and somehow try to connect them and still sound mildly witty. Good luck to me.


*I am enjoying the Tina Fey-Sarah Palin skits. I've always been a fan of Tina Fey and I hope that McCain gets elected so that we can continue to have those hilarious spoofs.


*I'm convinced that there is some 4th dimension where nail clippers live. At my house, we have at least one pair in each room and yet they still manage to disappear. I'm sad to say that the reason most of them are gone is because I don't always put things back where they belong. And to make matters worse, when I go to look for the item in question, I always go back to where the item should be. You'd think I'd learn my lesson.


*I still have reduced hearing in my left ear. I looked into getting a hearing aid but found out that my insurance doesn't cover it. Did I mention that the hearing aid I would need costs around $2,000??? Yeah....I'm just going to ask people to repeat themselves. Come on people...help me out...look at me when you talk and speak up. Some of us are dealing with auditory issues here.


*My mother cooks dinner for my family once a week. It's usually on Monday, but tonight we had it on Tuesday. My mom made meatloaf, which is one of my favorite dishes. I wish I had her recipe. And her to make it for me.


*There is one item in my classroom that students are absolutely not allowed to touch....I have a stapler that will staple over 60 sheets of paper with one finger. I think the thing cost me like $40 but it was so worth it. I'm telling you people, I start to salivate when I think about office supplies.


* A new snack that I enjoy is microwave popcorn. There's a 100 calorie bag of Smart Pop in the flavor of "kettle korn." I've also found some powder that you can sprinkle on top of it and it's very yummy. It's the same kind of powder that they have at the movie theater.


Okay, I didn't do a good job of rambling or of tying it all together. I'll hopefully get my mind back on track and get on with the important things in life....and by that, of course, I mean blogging.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I like reading your random thoughts.

Unknown said...

A solution to the nail clipper situation - and, I might add, a solution that my 88 year old grandmother is VERY proud of. This is her idea. She claims to have had the same pair of toe-nail clippers since the early 60's. They look kinda nasty, but does that really matter? Her trick? Hot glue a magnet to the end (it can be a really small magnet) and stick that sucker to your refrigerator. She says she does not have the energy to look for the darn toe-nail clippers, and hasn't had that kind of energy since the early 60's. She has found that this really works. She does, FYI, stick the clippers at the very top of the refrigerator on the less-visible side. What do you think? I know how you feel about magnets, so you might try this. It would make my grandmother's day FOR SURE.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad their are others with the 4th dimension nail clipper problems!! yea!

Anonymous said...

The best solution is to just bite your nails. Toes, too. You're good until you have dentures then you run into the same sort of problem when you misplace your teeth. I don't think sticking them to the fridge would be a good idea.

Anonymous said...

I can eat 40 eggs.