Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Mind Is Like A Steel Trap....Rusty and Illegal In 49 States

Inquiring minds want to know.....


*Where have I been? Well...I've been incredibly busy with work, grad school, and life in general. It seems that each night there are a million things that need to get done, and blogging isn't always at the top of the list. Never fear- I'm still here....on a side note, when no one leaves comments it makes me feel like no one is listening, hence I don't feel the pressure of having to post. If you want more postings, please leave a comment!

*I'm sending a shout-out to Kathy S. who is a regular reader of my blog! When I saw her last week she asked about several things I have previously posted about. Since she wanted to know, I'll tell everyone...if you didn't want to know and you're reading this anyway...just humor me and read it to the end.

1) I attended a bridal shower last week. This is a huge thing for me. I don't usually do well in large groups of people. The one exception to this is school functions. At school, I am totally comfortable in my element. This shower was for a girl that is marrying my pastor's son. So of course, there were lots of church ladies there. I'm not very social at church...I really think I have some sort of disorder. The good news is that I made it through the shower without an anxiety attack and I managed to make a Southwestern Salad that was quite popular. An added bonus is that no one brought the same gift that I did...so that's good. My gift stands a small chance of surviving the gift returns.

2) I feel like dirt. David currently has strep throat and so he's not feeling well either. I've been nursing him back to health, all the while hoping that I don't get sick too. I just don't have time to be sick.

3) I was not successful in locating a "brake reservoir cap" here in town. I had to look up the nearest Saturn dealership (over 2 hours away), order the part, and have it shipped to my house. Now we just wait for the part and hope that the juice lid, leather bits, and rubber band hold.

4) I have posted about this cap enough that I can now spell reservoir.

5) Yesterday, as I was walking at school in the early morning (I'm there from before sun-up until sun-down) and I could see my breath for the first time this season. I love fall weather. In addition to the cooler temperatures that I love, I'm a big fan of the rapid succession of holidays this time of year. I really like holidays. Someday, I plan on creating my own holiday.

6) Shopping at Wal-Mart has a seasonal bonus. All the of the Halloween stuff is right up my alley. This is the only season you can purchase purple Christmas lights. I guess they'd be called purple "Halloween" lights. Either way, I purchased some. In addition to this, this time of year also has lots of things for sale that I use weekly throughout the year: wigs (I currently have a pink one, purple one, and tinsel one), glitter hairspray (there is no other kind I use--it holds your style great and you shimmer-that's a winning combination), and other assorted items that I love. I've purchased some real nice tinsel fake eyelashes and some glitter body gel. No....I'm not planning on dressing up for Halloween...these are things that I use each week at work. As Dolly Parton has said, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!"

7) Yesterday I watched "Employee of the Month." I never rented this because I didn't think that it did well, but thanks to Netflix, I was able to watch it. I thought it was very funny! The next movies awaiting me are "Made of Honor" and "Phantom of the Opera."

8) I got a pedicure today. This is only my second one in 5 years. I enjoyed myself. Raelynn was with me, so she got treated to a manicure. I can see myself doing more pampering like this....if only I had more time and money.

9) I'm quite upset that there was no new episode of The Office this week. Instead of seeing the funniest show ever, I was left to watch the vice presidential debate. It was an interesting debate. I won't discuss my political view since that's one subject most people get heated about.

10) My parents got back from a trip to TN this week and when I went over there to see them, my mom's washing machine got stuck on the wash cycle and basically flooded the laundry room with some spill over to the living room. I quickly jumped in and helped and now can use a wet/dry vac like a pro. I think we emptied it over 10 times. That's a lot of runaway water. Needless to say, when I was done and I returned home, I was too tired to post.


Well, I would say that I wish my life were more exciting, but that usually means there is some sort of crisis and I'm not very fond of those. Hopefully I'll be able to think of some more good topics and post more again soon. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy what's left of the weekend while I grade papers until my eyes fall out......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to get a "shout out"!! I am very sure this is a first for me. I was very sad about The Office not being on, too. In fact, knowing you are an Office junkie like me, I just got us both Office happies that I found at Big Lots. Oh, and I'm glad the shower went well!

Mrs. McMillen said...

yay - I'm glad the shower went well! and I like it when you post new blog entries...even if I dont always comment... :)