Monday, June 8, 2009

Making My Life Harder Than It Has To Be

Sounds like a good tag line for the bottom of my business card, doesn't it? Today was rough. I had a couple of anxiety attacks, mostly due to the projects and things I need to do for my class. I won't go into details, but let's just leave it at saying that I feel like I made some people in my class stressed. Maybe not....they seemed to be telling me to chill out and to bring it down a couple of notches...man, if I had a dollar for every time someone told me that, I'd be independently wealthy.


Here's a breakdown of the days since I last posted:

Friday, June 5th

It was my birthday. It was a big one for me, as they all seem to be after you've hit 30. The people in my class were so great....they made me a hat with personalized messages, they bought a cake for me, David took me out to lunch at the Bistro, and then took me to dinner at Umi, the new Japanese steakhouse in town. It was just like the Benihana experiences I had in Key West. My mom bought me some charms for my Pandora charm bracelet and a sapphire pendant on a chain that I love. Take note people: sparkly always fits, goes with everything, and is always in fashion.


Saturday, June 6th

I got up a little late, got dressed and came into town. I went to City Bagel for my lunch. I had a red roasted pepper bagel toasted with Mediterrian cream cheese. After this, I went to the library at MSU for about 4 hours to work on some stuff for my classes. Afterwards, I spent several hours and much money at the evil Wal-Mart getting groceries because this Wednesday, I'm scheduled to bring food. Did I mention that I don't cook? I think I ended up staying up late to read a book, since I couldn't get the plans nailed down for a movie with friends.


Sunday, June 7th

We got up and went to church. Afterwards, we went to visit David's sister in the hospital but found that she'd been released. We went to lunch at Huddle House with his dad and step-mom, and our nephew Christian. After that, I went home and changed and then spent 4 more hours at the MSU library. My friend Wendy invited me over to swim but I couldn't because of all the stuff I had to do. I went to bed early but when I woke up today, I still felt like I'd been run over by a truck.


Today, Monday, June 8th

I had class. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Afterwards I went shopping at the evil Wal-Mart and now I'm home cooking my macaroni and cheese for supper. There's a lot that happened in between today's events but they aren't very exciting, even to me, so I won't bore you with them.


All I can say is I'm tired. I'm sure I'm over analyzing everything and making it harder than it has to be, but I think that may be one thing that I'm actually good at.

1 comment:

Mrs. McMillen said...

cheer up. you need a day with us. most definitely. we love you! :)