Today I went to a training and part of it dealt with goal setting. Part of our warm up exercise was to make a list of some fun goals for ourselves for 2013. I wrote down some goofy stuff, but I'm thinking it's time to get serious about making a bucket list and put some of those down as obtainable goals for the coming year. Does anyone out there have a bucket list?? I'm not sure what kind of things are on them....
So here's what I've come up with so far...
1) Zip Lining- I've done a very small version of this at the May's Corn Maze back in October. (When I say small, I mean really small) I want to do the kind where you zip line through a forest or something. I don't need to go over some deep ravine or anything.
2) Clogging- I'd like to find a clogging group and join it. When I was younger, I can remember seeing some groups perform here and there and I'm convinced I could do a great job. (I have a long history of dance....lessons, performing,etc)
3) Hand Bell Choir- I also dabbled a little in this when I was in Key West. I went to a church that had a bell choir and I got to participate some. I really enjoyed it and wish that I could do that again.
4) Yoga-I've always thought that participating in yoga would be good. I don't really like to exercise but I'd like to try this and see how I'd like it.
5) Professional Actress- I think I could do a really good job at doing commercials or being on a regular TV show. Also related to this--I think I should have my own reality show. I'm pretty entertaining and I KNOW that my job is entertaining. As I've said before, If Honey Boo Boo can have a show, I can have one.
6) The Northern Lights- Someday I'd like to see the Northern Lights.
7) Alcatraz- I'd like to visit Alcatraz, not be an inmate there. I've been to San Francisco before but wasn't able to visit. It bummed me out to be so close, yet so far away.
8) Sign Language- For some reason, I feel very drawn to sign language. (Side Note- I do have Meniere's Disease which has caused hearing damage but I'm not deaf.) I'd really like to learn sign language enough to be fluent. I could then be an interpreter.
9) What Not to Wear- I need to be a contestant on this show. I need someone to show me how to dress properly. Right now, my current style could be labeled as "tacky."
10) Eiffel Tower- I'd like to go up the Eiffel Tower. I'm not sure if they let you spit from up there, but if you could, I'm guessing it would be fun.
That's all I have at the moment. I'm not sure how this compares to other people's list. Do you add stuff like "cure cancer" or "meet the president" on a bucket list? I saw parts of the movie Bucket List, but I didn't finish it because you know that someone dies in that movie. Hence, the bucket list.
Also, I'm not sure if I want my goals hanging out in a bucket. I know that the whole reason the word bucket is there is because of the reference to "kicking the bucket." I'm not fond of buckets.....they remind me of moping floors or people throwing up and I'm not a fan of either. I think I'll keep mine in a laundry hamper. It doesn't have the same ring to it, but if you know me at all, you know I don't do things like everyone else. If you have any ideas that could added to this list...let me know. I'll add them to my laundry hamper.
If it’s Monday this must be California.
2 days ago