Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving! This is my favorite time of year. I love the fall weather, I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I enjoy the festive spirit that comes with them both. Another special reason I love fall is because my wedding anniversary falls in that time frame as well. Today is our fourteenth wedding anniversary. Where has the time gone? It's getting harder and harder to remember my life before David. I'm thinking that's a good thing. We're planning on going to Anthony's restaurant in West Point tonight. I've never been there but a few friends have sworn that it's the best. We'll see.
So an update of sorts is needed. Here ya go in no particular order:
1) I am out for Thanksgiving break and boy am I thankful. When I was in Florida, Thanksgiving break was only two days of that week. Since moving here to Mississippi, my Thanksgiving is now a week long. I am so thankful for this.
2) I'm in the downward slope in my last graduate class. I have one group project to present on November 30 and a final on December 7. Yahoo! I'll be so glad when this is over!
3) We (my parents included) are traveling to Denver to see the rest of our family for Christmas. I'm not a fan of not being able to get around town when I need to. Not that I would actually do any of the driving but still.....I'd like the option. I don't get excited when my brother or sister-in-law tell tales of getting snowed in. This does not bode well. I've started worrying about this now. Why wait to worry when you can do it now?
4) I really enjoyed watching New Moon. My friend Wendy, a fellow Twilight addict, got some tickets for the midnight show Thursday before it opened on Friday. I enjoyed myself greatly. I went the following night at 7 and liked it then too. I plan on going again tomorrow. This movie is great. The book is great. Have I mentioned that I liked this movie?
5) I'm sitting in my robe right now and it's 2:15 pm. I love the fact that I can do that. I was dressed earlier when David and I went to Lowe's to get stuff to replace the kitchen light fixtures, but now that I'm home, I can be lazy if I want to. I love vacations.
6) David has done some repairing during the break. He's working on the truck so we can take it to Denver and in the process, he snapped off some isolator bolts and the pieces fell into the engine. Never fear, he was able to get them out. We are now waiting for the new parts to be delivered again.
7) I am looking forward to Thanksgiving Day. My family and I have lots of traditions. I think everyone has them. Here are ours:
* Mom makes an incredible breakfast casserole and we go over in the morning to eat some.
*We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Raelynn enjoys this.
*Dad then watches football.
*My mom and I work on dinner. She does 99% of the work. She makes the turkey, the dressing, the veggies, the pie.....all I do is make the deviled eggs (I have the world's best recipe...ask anyone that's had them) and I make dip for the raw veggies. Basically we graze on veggies and dip, cheese, and pickles until we eat in the afternoon.
*We then eat until we feel sick. Later in the evening we make wonderful turkey sandwiches. My dad and others will get together and play cards in the evening.
Well......I think that's about it. I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting but I've got the time to post again if I remember. I'm on vacation, so I've got time.......

No comments: