Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Secrets Revealed

I've mentioned several times that I don't cook. Please don't confuse this with "I can't cook" because they are two different things. I can read and follow recipes pretty well and if I don't understand something, I call my mom. (She is undisputedly the best cook in the world. Ask anyone that's had dinner at her place.) I say all this to mean that I CAN cook, I just choose NOT too.


There are a couple things that I cook well, and take full credit for creating the recipes. I've mentioned them on here before but never given out the recipes. Today, I'm sharing them with you. Enjoy them in good health. (And if you try these recipes and don't like them, please don't let me know. It would really hurt my feelings.)


**Disclaimer** In these self-created recipes, I measure ingredients like Rachael Ray. I don't use any measuring tools. I just add stuff together until it tastes right.





Tassie's Original Deviled Eggs

Ingredients:

eggs (I use about a dozen or a dozen and a half when I make them)
mayonnaise
yellow mustard
1 can of deviled ham (potted meat)
pickle relish (dill or sweet-your preference)
garlic powder
paprika
salt
pepper
curry powder


Directions:


*Boil eggs and then peel and halve them. (This is the hardest part.)
*Put yolks in bowl and use a fork to make them crumbly.
*Add a hearty serving spoonful of mayonnaise.
*Add a squirt or two of yellow mustard.
*Add a hearty serving spoonful of relish.
*Add the can of deviled ham.
*Add salt, pepper, garlic, and curry to taste.
* Mix ingredients and add to whites.
*Sprinkle paprika over the tops for some color and refrigerate.





Tassie's Original Cucumber and Onion Salad



Ingredients:

3 or 4 large cucumbers (peeled and coarsely chopped)

1 medium sweet onion (finely chopped)

mayonnaise

sour cream

white vinegar

salt

pepper

garlic

dill

1 artificial sweetner packet

Directions:

*Put peeled and chopped cucumbers and onions in a large bowl.

*Add 2 hearty serving spoonfuls of mayonnaise and sour cream.

*Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of white vinegar

*Add salt, pepper, garlic, and dill to taste.

*Add sweetner packet and mix well.

*Cover and refrigerate.

That's all I'm going to share today. I hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July. Let freedom ring!




1 comment:

Menta Lee Hill said...

Hallelujah! I have read several mentions of your famed deviled eggs and wanted to know what you did to make them so special...never thought about adding potted ham! And the curry powder, that's a favorite addition of mine. The cucumber salad sounds like a great, cooling summer treat--what artificial sweetener do you suggest? I have Splenda, but could easily swipe some of the pink stuff from Starbucks...