Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm so so so sorry.........Forgive me?

Hi....It's me again. For those of you new to this blog (and those that aren't don't remember me because it's been so long since I blogged....) Welcome. This is a place where I like to unload all of my random thoughts about this and that. I like to think that I'm humorous, so if you don't agree, please lie to me.

Here's a quick recap of important facts:

* I am a teacher. I've been doing this for about 19 years. When I think about that number, it floors me. In my mind, I look and act like I'm about 27. It's hard to believe that I'm working with college students that were born when I was leaving college. Don't get me started..... I mostly enjoy my job, although as of late, it seems to have gotten so much more stressful. I think it's a combination of factors that is leading to this stress: the expectations of what I'm supposed to do (I call it "making miracles happen") is always increasing and I'm basically the stress out type. I think that it wouldn't matter what job I'd have....I still would be stressed out. I really care about what I do and that the pressure I put on myself never ends. But enough of the heavy.......

*I live in Mississippi....and yes out of choice. My parents and my husband are natives so when my parents decided to move, we moved too. I've been here 8 years. It doesn't seem that long. I don't regret moving here. That's something I thought I'd never say.

* I am a mother and a wife. My husband, David, is incredible. We've been married for 15 years. We have a daughter, Raelynn, that just turned 10. I love them both and am so thankful for them everyday.

* I'm what you'd call a "fan" of the Twilight series. I've seen the movies (all at midnight showings prior to release), read the books (and refuse to loan them), been to an official Twilight convention.....you name it...I've been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. (literally and figuratively!)

That pretty much covers the basics.......so on to the main event.

I'm currently enjoying the bliss of spring break. I'm not going anywhere interesting. I'm staying home. There's something to be said for home. I went to bed on Saturday night at 10 PM and got up on Sunday morning at 10 AM. And I loved it. I never get to do that. Today, I went to Columbus with Raelynn to Books-A-Million to see if we could find Disney World travel guides, which we did. We are planning a trip to Florida this summer that will include Key West, Disney World in Orlando, and Cocoa Beach. I was born and raised in Key West, and this will be the first time I've been back since we moved here. I'm hoping to see some old friends and enjoy some Cuban coffee!

Being the OCD person that I am, I am sitting on my couch surrounded by all the papers that need to be graded. That's a snowball that never stops rolling down the mountain and getting larger. I spent Saturday at school, working on things from 9 AM until around 4 PM. That time didn't even put a dent in all I have to do. I'll get around to it, I'm sure, but since I'm watching "Eclipse" for the millionth time, it'll have to wait.


I'm so sorry for that length of time that has lapsed since I last posted. I'm thinking now about what to write about and I'm coming up blank. I think that I've gotten out of the habit of blogging, so I'll have to blog more regularly until things flow again. I'm sure my distraction has nothing to do with the fact that "Eclipse" is on.


Hopefully, I'll be able to blog some more this week and have something witty to share. In the meantime, keep checking back in. And if you have a request for a blog topic, let me know. I'm currently out of ideas.

toodles!

2 comments:

Birdie Mae said...

So good to hear from you again; miracles do happen!

The Andersons said...

Glad you are back! I always love reading your funny posts! Have a great Spring Break! :)