I'm really torn here....do I blog about how Wal-Mart has once again proven how evil they are or do I simply ignore the store and shop at Kroger instead? Sadly, I feel compelled to complain about Wal-Mart yet again.
I've blogged about Wal-Mart before. One post was all about how they've changed the layout of the store and now it appears that they carry LESS stock than before. I've also been known to say that Wal-Mart is part of a conspiracy to get me to buy things I don't need. They space stuff out in the store and/or put things in obscure places in the hopes that I will wander aimlessly around the store and randomly put items in my cart. And I have to admit, it works. Sometimes I go to Kroger. Both stores carries items that the other one doesn't have. I end up going to Wal-Mart simply because that's where my pharmacy is and I don't like going all over town to run errands. So I'm stuck. It looks like I'll be complaining again about the store that I feel is pure evil.
Let me illustrate. Like I just said, there are items at Wal-Mart that you can't get anywhere else. And there are items you CAN get everywhere else but I don't like to because I already said that I don't like running around town doing errands. A couple of Saturdays ago, I did my regular shopping and noted how low the store seemed on regular albeit random items. Imagine my surprise when a week later I go back to the store and find that they STILL don't have the items I require. So what's so important, right? Let me tell you....
1) Welch's Dark Berry powdered drink-This is exactly like Crystal Light but in a very yummy flavor. I don't like grape, but this drink is good. It has cranberry, grape, and blueberry. What's funny is that I don't like those flavors individually but together....well....it makes my mouth sing. That is....when I can find it. Wal-Mart doesn't have it now. And if I'm wrong (and Lord I hope I am) it looks like there isn't even a label for it on the shelf anymore. Geez Louise!
2) High fiber, whole wheat fajita sized tortillas-I found these by mistake awhile back. They are low in Weight Watcher points and taste great. Can't find them these days.
3) Nabisco 100 calorie count packages of yogurt covered pretzels. They have chocolate covered but I don't really like those. These taste great and have been my morning snack for the past couple of weeks. Now they've disappeared. I'm not sure what to do.
4) Progresso High Fiber Creamy Tomato Soup- I normally don't eat this brand, but I tried it awhile ago and it was good. (Side note: I don't like regular tomato soup. The creamy kind reminds me of Spaghetti-o's.) David really likes this so I buy it for him when I can find it. Lately, that has been too often.
5) Soup at Hand creamy tomato, basil, and parmesan soup. This is a great thing to eat when you're on the go. You don't need bowls or utensils. Again....I haven't been able to find it lately.
6) Weight Watchers yogurt-I miss this yogurt because it's a pretty big container for the low points. I'm all about getting as much food as I can when I eat. I had to settle for the Wal-Mart brand. You see? It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
7) Fat Free Hot Dogs- I found that Oscar Meyer makes a hot dog that is low in points. I usually keep a few of them on hand. Hot dogs make for easy and fast dinners on nights where I get in late. Now those hot dogs are nowhere to be found. The buns used to not be there, but they've made a comeback. What would be nice would be if I could have both of them together at the same time.
I'm sure there's a few other items that come and go on the shelves of Wal-Mart. These are the ones that directly affect me. You'd think that I'd be walking all around Wal-Mart looking for the items that have been in question today. If I did that, I'd be giving Wal-Mart exactly what it wants. Another mindless individual putting stuff in the cart. To combat this, I just put whatever is closest in my cart. That'll show them. I can't be had.
Anyway....I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my rants about the corporate superstar that we call Wal-Mart. I've tried to quit but I can't. I have a Wal-Mart problem. I just need some way to break this pull on me and start shopping somewhere else. Until then, I'm the one with the cart that is wandering around looking lost. Chances are I'm looking for some random item that will disappear soon from the store.
PS-This post is dedicated to one of my faithful readers-Audrey H. Hope you enjoyed it!