So most people are spending their Labor Day weekend visiting people or just relaxing. Not me. Did I mention that I'm a teacher? Or that I'm totally a type-A workaholic? So a long weekend for me just means I have more time to get things done. As a serious type-A person, I love lists. I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I can make a list of things to do and I can check them off when I'm done. I carry a calendar with me to school to record due dates, special events, meetings, and other fun work related stuff. I totally enjoy crossing through the day when I get to work. Yes, that's right....I don't wait until the day is over to count that day. I figure that if I'm out of bed, dressed, and at work, the hard part is over. I go ahead and count that day and cross that baby off in my calendar.
So having said that, I thought I'd share my not-so-exciting Labor Day to-do list. Mind you, this is a list of things I'd like to do, but the reality of what I get done is a completely different story.
1) Stalk my friend Vicki's blog. She's currently in China for 2 weeks wrapping up a 3-year adventure in adopting a little girl named Emily.
2) Get dressed. Currently I'm in my pajamas as I'm typing this.
3) Call in my prescriptions to Wal-Mart. After all, yesterday was payday so I've got a little money in the bank.
4) Go to Wal-Mart and pick up prescriptions and walk around in a stupor and put useless things I don't need in my cart then pay too much for them. (Read earlier post about the evils of Wal-Mart.)
5) Watch my latest movie from Netflix, "The Banger Sisters."
6) Go back into town and return my latest movie from Netflix, "The Banger Sisters."
7) Grade mountains of papers.
8) Complain about the crick in my neck from the above mention mountain of graded papers.
9) Watch the Weather Channel to keep updated on the whereabouts of Hurricane Gustav and Tropical Depression Hanna.
10) Praise the Lord regularly that I don't live in the Florida Keys anymore because I'd be totally freaked out about the above mentioned hurricanes.
11) Call my mother. I like to check in with her everyday.
12) Finish writing my lesson plans. Don't get me started on this one.
13) Watch the "John and Kate Plus 8" marathon on Monday. I really like this show. Kate is a total control freak like me and I enjoy watching her lose it.
14) Have a tea party with Raelynn. Actually, this has already happened today but I'm sure that I'll have several more before the weekend is over.
15) Remind Raelynn several times to clean her room from the tea parties she will host this weekend.
16) Check Facebook. I've already done this today but will probably do it many more times today. My current status on Facebook is, "Tassie is glad she's facebook friends with you."
17) Think of more topics I can write about in my blog. Any suggestions are welcome, please leave a comment. I really enjoy checking to see if anyone has read what I wrote.
18) Check email many times to see if anyone has commented on my most recent blog post.
19) Read chapters one and two in my book Strategies That Work for my graduate class.
20) Wipe up drool from falling asleep while reading for my graduate class.
21) Encourage David as he and his dad work on the carport today. I will also be making frequent trips to town to get ice for the cooler of Gatorade they have outside.
22) Cough, wheeze, and feel miserable. I am sick and couldn't see the doctor this week. (Read earlier post on "My Excuse Note for Being Absent" where I talk about the evils of the medical community.)
23) Clean my house. My sister-in-law (my brother's wife AND my husband's sister-that's right, a brother/sister married a brother/sister), my niece Sable, and her new baby Jayden are coming to visit. My sister-in-law is a clean freak.
24) Sleep. I love to sleep and don't do it near as much as I'd like or need.
25) Read my new People magazine. This should kill about an hour. (Read earlier post "I Totally Know Good Literature" where I talk about the attraction of this magazine.)
26) Go to school and enter grades into the computer, clean my classroom, and get distracted by talking with other teachers also there to enter grades and to clean.
Okay, as I look over this list, it looks very ambitious. I don't know if I'll get it done or not, but I certainly will kill myself trying. I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful long weekend, and if you don't have any time off- I feel for you....I'm working too, just check my long to-do list.